Thursday, September 10, 2009

Everything is sent, plus a plug

I uploaded my FA manuscript, and I emailed the copyright form to the journal -- all yesterday morning, on 09/09/09. Gotta have some luck in that.

Now I move on to more analysis of data I have, I sit down with our departmental animal development guru for developing a staining protocol for my fish, I sit down with our departmental statistics guru (yay, we finally have one!) and figure out how to analyze some other data I have, and I get started on my fellowship app, my grant app, and my SETAC poster.

I'm going to go finish reading The Summer Tree, and I'll flip through my friend Marrus's new book that just arrived in the mail today. Marrus is a one-of-a-kind woman who lives life on her own terms and is obviously comfortable in her own skin, and Lightsurfing is partly about how she got to be that way. She's a fabulously talented artist (see her latest painting) who doesn't receive nearly enough recognition or money. Please, support her talent by purchasing her book here.

/shameless friend plug

No, I did not get a free book for typing that. I paid the $33.95 -- but the butt balloons Marrus drew next to her inscription to me were free. I love my friends! ::grin::

No comments: