Friday, February 29, 2008

Dogs and Pubs

Reba's ear is doing well. We had a check-up yesterday afternoon, so I decided to leave her at home for the morning. There was no reason for BOTH of us to freeze half to death at the office (the second floor of my building, where my office is located, has been at about 55-60 degrees for two weeks). When I came home to use the restroom before going to the vet, Reba met me at the door with her bandage hanging on by only a quarter-sized piece of adhesive. By the time I got back in my chair, she had lost the bandage completely.

The vet said everything looked great. He cleaned her ears and they were only mildly dirty -- light tan gunk and stink free compared to red-tinged black gunk and reeking last week. He put some powder on and we left. He didn't seem concerned that she hasn't really eaten anything in the last week, just nibbled, but I confess I'm a bit worried.

I finished formatting my manuscript to the requirements of the next journal to which I'm submitting. I emailed it to B (my advisor) and asked him if he could look it over by the end of the week. I'm anxious to get it submitted. I'd really LOVE to get my second publication! Come on, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences -- take me!

No comments: