Tuesday, February 8, 2011

English editor is also in my repertoire

In December, I received a request from a professor in Germany for a copy of my review. He is in the final stages of writing a book on stress ecology, and he wanted my review to help him better understand FA. Quite an honor in and of itself. We've exchanged a couple of emails since then discussing various aspects of the paper, and he has provided me with a couple of papers that I hadn't seen as well as giving me a sneak peek at the intro of his book.

So yesterday I got an email from him asking if I could proofread his 400 page book for English grammar (he is not a native English speaker). In return, he will mention me in his foreword, pay me $2500 US, and give me a free copy of the book.

*passes out*

2 comments:

Jane McIrvin said...

WOW! COOL! Congratulations....

Dawn Allenbach said...

Jane -- Thanks! I kinda wonder if he accidentally put an extra zero on the pay, but $250 would still be very useful to me. What is REALLY beneficial to me, though, is being a proofreader on a book before I've even completed my Ph.D.