Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Countdown to GE Day -- 15 days

It looks as though my General Exam will be occurring on 14 January. The public presentation (my minimum 45 minute talk about why and what I'm doing) will be at 1:00 p.m. Central while the defense of my proposal will start around 2:15 or 2:30 and lasting as long as my committee wants.

Yesterday, I started putting together the presentation. I like making Powerpoints because I like to put in little pictures and slide titles that are humorous -- not to mention, the PP is easy because the hard part (writing the proposal) is pretty much over. An example -- one of my first slides discusses how environmental degradation can have obvious results such as extinction of a population. Next to the list of effects, I have a cartoon dinosaur with x's for eyes lying on his back in dirt with no vegetation.

Today, I will make more slides IF I can stay awake. So far, I keep falling asleep. Trying to work. Really! ::grin::

No comments: