Monday, July 14, 2008

Two faces of SMA

First, my sister Stacy. This is one of my favorite pictures of her, taken when she was about 20. She was 27 when she died.

Photobucket


This is a closeup of her headstone. Don't mind my mom's shadow there.

Photobucket


This shows the entire headstone mounting. The turtle statue is painted to appear like Poe (as in Edgar Allen, her favorite author), her pet at the time of her death. Her best friend's son inherited him.

Photobucket


My brother Paul. He took this picture of himself with his webcam a couple of years ago.

Photobucket


A closeup of his headstone. He was a computer geek and gamer, and he was an English lit major.

Photobucket


The full mounting. Since the concrete company had nothing resembling books (not even books as bookends), my parents opted for this Celtic cross as an homage to his interest in Medieval history and literature.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Great pics of Stacey and Paul! I sure miss them!!

Amanda said...

Only two of the pictures seem to have been posted, the other 4 say "This Image or Video has been moved or deleted"

I didn't know if that showed up just for me or not, so I thought I'd let you know.

On another note, I hope you're doing well. *hugs*

Elizabeth McClung said...

Thanks for your showing your bother and sister, I am disappointed that they seemed to have hijacked your pictures, as I would have liked to have seen the headstone.

Dawn Allenbach said...

Stacie -- Me, too.

Amanda & Beth -- I had been fighting with those pics to get them to fit, and I forgot to go back and fix them.